We need your help!
Please contact your Member of Parliament to let them know that the kids are not alright!
It’s time to take urgent action so that Canada's children can achieve their full potential!
Many Canadians believe this is one of the best places to raise and be a child, yet that simply isn’t true. Canada lags far behind most wealthy nations when it comes to the well-being of children, ranking only 25th out of 41 wealthy countries according to UNICEF.
A landmark report by Children First Canada revealed that The Kids Are Not Alright! and sounded the alarm bell calling for urgent action.
The statistics are deeply disturbing:
- 1 in 5 Canadian children live in poverty, and one in four aboriginal children;
- 1.15 million Canadian children are at risk of getting nothing to eat before school;
- 1 out of 7 people using shelters in Canada are children;
- 1 in 5 children has considered suicide in the past year;
- 1 in 3 Canadians has experienced some form of child abuse;
- 1 child dies every 9 hours from preventable injuries.
We can and must do better for the sake of all of Canada's children!