We need your help to let our government know that our kids are not alright!
Raising Canada: A report on Canada's Children, their health and wellbeing, prepared by the O'Brien Institute for Public, is raising the alarm that too many of our children and youth are in jeopardy. We are asking all Canadians to get involved and call for urgent action.
Here are several ways you can get involved:
- Sign the Raising Canada Call to Action today by clicking the button below - let the government know that our kids need help NOW!
- Please contact your Member of Parliament
- Share with your networks on social media:
#RaisingCanada #ChildrenFirstCanada @children1stca
It’s time to take urgent action so that Canada's children can achieve their full potential!
Many Canadians believe this is one of the best places to raise and be a child, yet that simply isn’t true. Canada lags far behind most wealthy nations when it comes to the well-being of children, ranking only 25th out of 41 wealthy countries according to UNICEF.
The statistics show a different and deeply disturbing story:
- 1 in 5 Canadian children live in poverty, and one in four aboriginal children;
- 1.15 million Canadian children are at risk of getting nothing to eat before school;
- 1 out of 7 people using shelters in Canada are children;
- 1 in 5 children has considered suicide in the past year;
- 1 in 3 Canadians has experienced some form of child abuse;
- 1 child dies every 9 hours from preventable injuries.